May 24, 2018

New Officers and Trustees Elected to Connecticut River Museum Board

Maureen O’Grady, the newly elected Chairman of the Board Trustees of the Connecticut River Museum, at the entrance of the Museum’s recently restored grounds and building overlooking Essex Harbor.

Essex, CT —   On Tuesday, July 19 the Board of Trustees of the Connecticut River Foundation at Steamboat Dock, Inc., (aka Connecticut River Museum) held its annual election of officers and new trustees.  Nominated and unanimously approved was Maureen O’Grady as Chairman, Peter Prichard as Vice Chairman, Hayden Reynolds as Treasurer, Jennifer Caulfield as Provost, and Gail Tubbs as Secretary.  Each will serve a two-year term.  Also nominated and approved as First Term Trustee was Lisa LeMonte, Brenda Milkofsky, Tery O’Malley, and Patrick McFadden.  Herb Clark, a founding member and Trustee, was elected as Life Trustee.

“I am honored and excited to serve as Chairman for such a unique and vital heritage organization,” stated Ms. O’Grady.  “Our focus for the next few years is to expand the Museum’s educational impact by reaching out to more communities and partnering with other like organizations throughout Connecticut and the New England region. We will also work towards significantly increasing endowment funds so the Museum can continue on its mission in perpetuity.”

Founded in 1974 by a group of local citizens, the Connecticut River Museum is a private, non-profit organization dedicated to lead in the study, preservation and celebration of the cultural and natural heritage of the Connecticut River and its valley.  Located at 67 Main Street on the historic Essex waterfront and housed in a national register 1878 steamboat warehouse, the Museum is currently seeking state and national battle site designation for the 1814 British raid on Essex.  In the past few years, new partnerships with the Schooner Mary E and Project Oceanology have increased on-water educational experiences for the public as well as school and youth groups.   For more information on public programs, exhibits, river cruises and special events, call (860)767-8269 or go to www.ctrivermuseum.org.

Share