The Essex Land Trust is pleased to announce a new program to encourage enjoyment of our special outdoor open spaces. Hikes are planned for every month on the first Saturday, starting at 9am and lasting approximately 1 hour. Meet at each property’s entrance. Hikes will be canceled in the event of bad weather.
Explore Essex’s outdoor open space by visiting many of the special sites that have been preserved for the benefit of all. For directions please refer to the Essex Land Trust Trail Guide, or on line at www. essexlandtrust.org. This activity is being co-sponsored by the Essex Park and Recreation Department as part of their Essex Outdoors program, which encourages families and people of all ages to experience the natural beauty of our community.
Hikes will be led by Essex Land Trust volunteers and are scheduled as follows.
- Jan 4 – Turtle Creek Preserve – Watrous Point Road, off Route 154
- Feb 1 – Canfield Preserve – Park at the Book Hill Woods Road entrance
- Mar 1 – Heron Pond Preserve – Heron Pond Road, off Route 154
- Apr 5 – Tiley-Pratt Preserve – On unmarked Kreis Lane, off Laurel Road
- May 3 – Viney Hill Brook Preserve – Parking lot at end of Cedar Grove Terrace
- June 7 – The Millrace – Park at the Ivory Street entrance Part of CT Trails Day
- July 5 – Osage Trails – Take Maple Avenue, off N. Main to Foxboro Road
- Aug 2 – Windswept Ridge – On Windermere Way, off of Mare’s Hill Road,
- Sept 6 – Falls River Preserve – End of Falls River Drive, off Main St., Ivoryton
- Oct 4 – Bushy Hill Nature Preserve – Park on Bushy Hill Road entrance
- Nov 1 – Fern Ledge – Next to Shoreline Clinic, off Route 153
- Dec 6 – James Glen – End of Hudson Lane, off River Road
For more information email the Essex Land Trust: email@example.com