ESSEX — Essex Historical Society has received a $3,194 grant from the Community Foundation of Middlesex County which was funded by the Riverview Cemetery Fund and the Connecticut Humanities Fund. The grant will be used to develop large graphic panels depicting the development of Essex from the founding of Saybrook colony in 1636 through the early 20th century. The history photo exhibit will be located in the Pratt House barn. The Pratt House is open to and free to the public during the summer months.
EHS is a not-for-profit organization whose basic mission is to promote and preserve the awareness of the people, places and things that have shaped the history of Essex which incorporates the villages of Essex, Ivoryton and Centerbrook. EHS owns two historic buildings in Essex, the Pratt House Museum which is open to the public June through September and Hills Academy which houses our collections and where our Archival Angels work to catalog and preserve artifacts given to EHS. For more information on The Essex Historical Society or how you can support us, write to email@example.com, or visit our website at www.essexhistory.org.
The Community Foundation of Middlesex County is a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the quality of life in Middlesex County, and to help Good People Do Great Things. Its two-fold mission is: (1) to work with charitably-minded individuals and organizations to build permanent endowments and other charitable funds; and (2) to support local nonprofit organizations through effective grant making, in order to address community needs, as well as Let Good Grow. Since its founding in 1997, the Community Foundation has provided 907 grants, totaling more than $2.8 million, to organizations for the arts, cultural and heritage programs, educational activities, environmental improvements, and for health and human services.
To learn more, contact the Community Foundation at 860.347.0025, or info@MiddlesexCountyCF.org