CHESTER – The grand list of taxable property in Chester showed little growth last year. Assessor Loreta Zdanys filed an October 2015 grand list that totals $443,781,440, an increase of $7,954,680, or 0.18 percent, over the 2014 grand list total. The increase would generate about $201,000 in new revenue at the current property tax rate of 25.32 mills.
The increase was smaller than 2014, when the grand list increased by a full one percent after dropping almost 12 percent the previous year with the townwide property revaluation that was completed in 2013. The 2015 list shows small increases in all three categories.
The net real estate total of $400,628,690 is up by $7,579,130 from the 2014 real estate total. The personal property total of $14,842,130 is up by $366,403 from the 2014 personal property total. The motor vehicles total of $28,310,620 is up by a tiny $9,167 from the previous year.
The list of the Chester’s top ten taxpayers is unchanged from recent years. Here are the top ten taxpayers with 2015 assessment totals.
- Chester Woods Inc. (Chester Village West) – $14,845,590
- Whelen Engineering Co,. Inc. – $6,760,220
- Connecticut Water Company – $5,211,140
- Eversource Energy Service Company – $4,652,850
- Whelen Aviation LLC (Chester Airport) – $3,843,340
- The Eastern Corp. – $3,648,140
- Roto Frank of America Inc. – $2,467,370
- Margaret & Robert Spriglio (Aaron Manor) – $2,237,320
- Chester Point Real Estate LLC – $2,079,830
- Arthur & Judith Schaller (residential) – $2,045,890