June 6, 2020

Industrial History of the Falls River at Ivoryton Library

Comstock Cheney ivory factory c. 1870, courtesy of the Connecticut River Museum

Bill Grover, longtime town resident and past Essex Land Trust President, will give an illustrated talk about how the Falls River became important in the industrialization and growth of Essex, Centerbrook, and Ivoryton on Sunday, January 22, 2012 – 2 p.m. at Ivoryton Library.

Bill is a graduate of the Yale School of Architecture and one of the founding partners of Centerbrook Architects, which occupies an early industrial building on the Falls River.  He has been a resident of Ivoryton and Centerbrook, along the Falls River, since 1970. The talk will be downstairs in the Library building and folks can come in the back entrance more easily than the front. This event is co-sponsored by the Essex Land Trust and the Ivoryton Library. Parking available on nearby streets. Admission is free and open to the public. Refreshments provided.

 

 

Share